Honeycomb Shades Calgary
Since 1985 honeycomb shades (Cellular shades) have become one of the most versatile and decorative products in the window covering industry. Also known as cellular shades, they were initially designed to transmit a warm, soft light into rooms by using translucent and semi-opaque fabrics. With the immediate consumer demand for this product, manufacturers began to introduce more control options, multiple cell products, and blackout fabrics. Motorized head rail systems were also introduced to provide adjustment of shades in hard to reach locations. We are honeycomb shades Calgary.
Decorating with these new products is now a breeze with the unlimited range of patterns and colors that are currently available. A diverse palette consisting of pastels, mingled and textured patterns, as well as gilded prints and decorative sheers which can now be used to suit any decor. Most of these fabrics are neutral backed, providing a uniform and unassuming appearance to the exterior. We are honeycomb shades Calgary!
Top down / bottom up (TD/BU) features were created to provide privacy on the lower section of the window yet generous amounts of light into the top space. This feature is ideal for kitchen nooks, dining rooms, bedrooms, or interior offices. Specialty shapes facilitate the treatment of skylights, angled or sloped glazing, solariums, and even operable shades for arched windows. Patio doors are no longer a problem with the exclusive Hunter Douglas Vertiglide system, a 90 degree rotation which turns the pleats vertically running along a horizontal rail system.
- Fabric content is generally polyester for easy cleaning
- No visible holes from either side of shade fabric
- Can be split into multiple blinds on one head-rail for individual operation over patio doors
- Warranty Limited Lifetime available
- Minimal stacking space required compared to most other types of window coverings
- Excellent blackout properties for room darkening
Child safety has been improved with the innovation of new control systems such as “Ultraglide” by Hunter Douglas. This is a retractable cord system that never lets the cord hang where a child could gain access. Other systems such as “Literise” feature a tensioned cordless system which eliminate cords entirely.
- Products available with safety tassels, cord retainers, retractable cords, and even cordless style head rails
- Pleat sizes range from 3/8” to 1 1/2”
- Manual cord operated up to 96” wide x 174” long
- Clutch operated up to 174” wide x 192” long
- TD/BU cord operated up to 72” wide x 96” long
- TD/BU clutch operated up to 174” x 192”
Cellular shades are one of the most energy efficient window covering products in the market today. R5 can now be achieved with the introduction of double and triple cell pleats. With the release of the new Architella from Hunter Douglas, values of R8 are now possible.
When making your next window covering purchase, consider the value and comfort of cellular shades. We are honeycomb shades Calgary!
Honeycomb shade brochure