Window Covering Fabrics
At GiCor we believe that choice is Paramount and that NO TWO projects are alike! We feel that each client deserves to make an educated choice based on the BEST quality textiles available in the market today. Essentially when it comes to your project, one size DOES NOT FIT ALL! For drapery, bedding, roman & roller shades, we utilize our extensive library to work with you to create beautiful and functional window treatments that turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
When you come into our showroom you will see that we have one of the largest fabric collections in Calgary. And if we don’t have what you are looking for in our showroom we can take you to one of Calgary’s exclusive “To the Trade” fabric showrooms to ensure that you find exactly what you are looking for.
Drapery / Window Coverings
For custom drapery, valances and bedding we sample literally thousands of fabrics from local, regional and imported mills across the world including delicate sheer, natural linens, dynamic plaids and luxurious paisleys. We also carry a full range of trimming including brush & bullion fringe as well as tapes and tassels. And don’t forget the decorative hardware! For commercial applications, we also source specialty cloths that are fire rated, extremely durable, washable and even goods made from recycled or sustainable content.
A small snippet of what we carry:
- Avant Guard
- Robert Allen
- Louvolite Fabrics
Roller shade fabrics
GiCor carries the largest collection of roller shade fabrics in the city – bar none! Fabrics that perform! Fabrics that provide shading, privacy, protection from heat, glare and the most harmful UV rays. Fabrics that decorate, contemporary, eclectic, traditional weaves and so much more. Our showroom incorporates over 30 motorized shades and a library of over 3000 shading fabrics from manufacturers across the world that are sure to enhance your special projects. Fabrics from blackout to 25% opacity. Fabrics that meet Greenguard, LEED and New Can-109S fire ratings. Fabrics that have become the base building standard for notable clients such as The City of Calgary, Original Joes, State & Main restaurants, Spruce Meadows and so many more.
We believe that these are all important factors to consider when designing your home, office or commercial buildings. Specialty options also include custom weaves, colors and even custom printing for those projects where a unique identity is desired.
A small snippet of what we carry:
- Mechoshade – Thermoveil, Euroveil, Oeko-Tex & EcoVeil (PVC free). Include this link to the Mechoshade website here http://mechoshade.com/shadecloth/
- Frasershading – Solarveil, Blackout specialties & screen fabrics. Include this link to the Frasershading website here http://www.frasershading.com/
- Louvolite – Specialty blackout, screen and exclusive decorative fabrics (unique to most shading suppliers). Include this link to the Louvolite website here http://www.louvolite.com/
- QMotion – Specialty blackout, screen and exclusive decorative fabrics. Include this link to the QMotion website here http://qmotionshades.com/
- Phifer – Blackout specialties and mainly polyester & PVC free screen fabrics (Infinity2). Fabrics rated for both indoor and outdoor use. Include this link to the Phifer website here http://www.phifer.com/
- Mermet – Blackout & Screen specialties (Koolblack) and mainly fiberglass & PVC free screen fabrics (Greenscreen). Fabrics rated for both indoor and outdoor use. Include this link to the Mermet website here http://www.mermetusa.com/
- M & N Textiles – Shades engineered and made from vegetable plant sugars! LEED GOLD Certified. Includes this link to the M & N Textiles website here http://mn-textiles.com/
“Over the years, technology has given us more choices, better quality, higher wearing and more recently; recyclable fabrics, (goods engineered from sustainable and GREEN products) including shading fabrics made from vegetables. Join the “Revolution”!