Draper Roller Shading Systems Calgary
Headquartered in Spiceland, Indiana, Draper has been manufacturing quality products since 1902.
The company was founded by Luther O. Draper in 1902 to manufacture window shades for schools which Draper’s primary product for the next 60 years. Since that time, Draper has secured numerous patents and launched products in several related industries including projection screens, projector & AV mounts, gymnasium equipment and so much more. GiCor has access to the complete line of Draper products.
Today, Draper Inc. has opened sales offices in Placentia, CA, as well as Blackwell & Gwent in the United Kingdom. Draper also has three wholly owned subsidiaries: Draper Group Ltd., a sales and warehouse facility in Corby, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, and two manufacturing companies in Sweden: Draper Europe AB, a leading European projection screen manufacturer, and SMS Smart Media Solutions AB, a leading European provider of video projector and flat screen mounts.
Draper’s FlexShade window shades reflect light and heat from the sun, reducing the amount of energy required to keep buildings cool. Motorized window shades can automatically adjust to compensate for the changing shade requirements throughout the day. Draper FlexShades can also contribute to LEED points and credits. In addition, shades can reduce or eliminate uncomfortable glare for workers, while still allowing ambient sunlighting and view-through to the outside.
The construction of window shades has become friendlier to the environment as well by including PVC-free fabrics and lean manufacturing processes. Draper is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the nation’s foremost coalition of leaders from every sector of the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
Each FlexShade product is built to order. Fabric, hardware and operating mechanisms are specified to satisfy functional and aesthetic criteria – Draper builds each unit for an exacting fit.
The Most Operator Options
Draper offers the broadest variety of operator styles in the industry. Options include bead chain clutch, crank, spring roller, and motorized roller-operated shades. All Draper shade motors can be integrated with today’s home automation and building management systems.
Unmatched Fabric Choices
Our spectrum of fabric colors and styles is unmatched. Woven mesh fabrics offer protection from heat, glare and UV rays, while maintaining the view. Revolution is the latest addition and made from Soft translucent textiles offer designer appeal. And our opaque fabrics eliminate all visible light. Combine them with a LightBloc System, and you will achieve total blackout. All fabrics are fire retardant.
The F & B on Draper
- Manually operated roller shades;“Techmatic-“Good”, “Flexshade”-Better & “FlexshadeXD”-Best
- Most operator options; spring, chain, crank & motorized
- Motorized roller shades; battery, low and line voltage, RF, RS232, IQ485, Zigbee, Z-Wave
- Compact, sleek roller shades for small spaces; “Techmatic”
- Oversized, superwide shades for long windows: “Colossal Flexshade”
- Blackout-shading and room-darkening systems: Opaque fabric & blackout side channels
- Over 300 proprietary shadecloths; Polyester yarns, PVC FREE, Infinity2 (recyclable), Koolblack, blackout, Greenguard, LEED
- Automated roller-shade systems; Intelligent motors, RTS – Radio Series Motors, DDN – Draper Digital Network & Solarflex tracking systems
- Accessories; Recessed shading pockets, proprietary shadecloths; Polyester yarns, PVC FREE, Infinity2 (recyclable), Koolblack, blackout, Greenguard, LEED
- Controls; remotes, wall switches, sun & wind sensors, smart phones, all home automation and sophisticated building management systems
- Intelligent motors, DDN & Solarflex tracking systems
- Specialty shades; Bottom up rollers, angled shades, sloped & skylight windows
- Fully recyclable shading systems; Elegant, sustainable solar protection with a view
- Completed over 300 motorized shading projects including CCIS (U of A) Sciences building – over 600 motorized shade bands
- Integrated shading systems with all major automation brands including; Control4, Crestron, Elan, Lutron, HAI, Vantage
- Largest shade installed (Size) CREB, Calgary, Alberta. Motorized shades over 35 feet long
- Largest shading installation (Quantity) Guardian Towers, Calgary, Alberta – over 5000 shades
- If you are in the planning stages, renovating, building or just refreshing a room, consider the GiCor & the Draper Shading Systems product line for all of your future projects.